On, verbiage!

July 01, 2005

"So, are you glad you're out of there?"

People keep asking me if I'm glad I've "finally" graduated. I'm usually smiling and jubilant when they ask, so it's difficult to convey anything other than a "yes," but I always want to tack on a qualifier. I'm not glad as in, "Thank God I'm out of there," I'm glad in a more positive sense. I'm happy where I am right now, with who I am. I feel like college has pointed me in the right direction and, as far as personal development is concerned, graduating is simply the first step. In other words, I still have a lot of work to do. Another trip begins here. There's going to be fewer "kids" in this one (as I call my peers), more money, different responsibilities, big questions, little inanities, and lots and lots of moments sliding through my hands into nostalgia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home