On, verbiage!

January 25, 2006

Today I learned something new.

I "mastered" the skill of linking to a picture rather than inserting it in the story (thanks for leading by example, Tess), thus removing the agony of chosing just a special few images to tell the story. The "Reuniting Young Love Tour" story of the grand Floridian adventure was my guinea pig, someone will have to let me know if the links to that old O-Photo album work for anyone other than myself. I finished a project at work today, and bizarely enough, I'm very, very happy with it, despite doing the opposite of what I was told to do and generating a cost savings of negative $73k (though that number is due to a correction of our screwy accounting system, and there was no savings to begin with). I was supposed to fix a machine that doesn't work well and isn't practical, but instead I took it out and re-organized the line around it. I use the pronoun "I" loosely, as it was only with the combined suggestions of three very large men (and the fact that the Value Stream Manager is on another continent this week) that I finally ponied up and said "Let's yank it out of there." After $20 bucks, it's all just funny money anyway.

2 Comments:

  • I still don't know how to link to my own pictures. How do you do it? I am blogger challenged.

    By Blogger Hermano, at 9:19 PM  

  • You can use the same program I explained on the Payne and Payne forum, Flickr, to upload pictures. It'll give them a url, and you use HTML tags to put them in the story.

    By Blogger Julia, at 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home